This twist on the classic steak sandwich is easy to prepare and will certainly impress your guests.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 800g SuperValu Quality Irish Sirloin Steak
• 4 SuperValu Demi Baguettes
• 150g SuperValu Amalfi Style Salad Mix
• 500 g SuperValu Signature Tastes
• 2 x SuperValu Signature Tastes Red Onions
• 2 Signature Tastes Red Onion Marmalade
• 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp Olive Oil
• 8 tbsp Giovanni Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 tsp Schwartz Dried Thyme
• 1 pinch Black Pepper
• 1 pinch Salt
1. Preheat a griddle/frying pan until smoking.
2. Lightly brush the steaks with the olive oil.
Place the balsamic vinegar, thyme and some
salt and freshly ground black pepper on a
plate. Gently press the steaks into the vinegar
mixer to lightly coat them.
3. Place the steaks on the pan and cook for 2 to
3 minutes on each side for medium. Remove,
cover and allow to rest.
4. Place the sliced ciabattas on the barbecue,
cut side down, to lightly toast them. Spread
a little mayonnaise onto the base of each
ciabatta. Layer with some salad leaves and
sliced tomatoes and red onions, then add the
steak. Top with some SuperValu Signature
Tastes red onion marmalade and serve.