SADIE’S KITCHEN BONE BROTH
100% Irish 100% Natural 100% Healthy 100% Delicious
Sadie’s Kitchen, from Bray, Co. Wicklow, go from strength to strength and are proving to be a popular local product here at SuperValu Lucan. This is their story.
Bone broth is the most lauded product in the food and health world at the moment, but this ‘liquid gold’ is far from a passing trend beloved by celebrities. Bone broth goes back thousands of years and features across dozens of cultures. This nutritionally concentrated food has been used for generations to soothe and comfort. An innovative Irish company is making this superfood readily available nationwide.
Award winning* Irish entrepreneur Sarah Kiely launched Sadie’s Kitchen in 2015 with a mission to create delicious and nutrient-dense food that not only tastes good, but does good. Each bone broth is carefully made with love and patience, to give customers the very best each and every time.
The company began in small slow cookers in a commercial unit in Bray, Co. Wicklow before expansion required a move to a state of the art producer in Baldoyle, Co. Dublin. The Supervalu Food Academy programme was instrumental in taking a home delivery business all the way to Supervalu shelves.
Sadie’s Kitchen use only the finest Irish free range chicken meat and bones. Slowly simmered with fresh vegetables, herbs and organic apple cider vinegar. Their comforting chicken bone broth is slow cooked for a minimum of 14 hours to extract the maximum nutritional benefits and flavour.
Sadie’s Kitchen bone broths are Paleo, containing zero, sugar, wheat, dairy or gluten and no added salt. They are jam-packed with naturally occurring protein. These products are not only delicious but also incredibly good for you.
Bone broth can easily be incorporated into many meals, adding flavour and health benefits. Try the following
- Replacement for stock – soups, sauces and stews
- Splash into a stirfry or sautéed vegetable
- Liquid required for your quinoa, rice or bulgar
- A warming nutritious drink
- Add to reductions or gravy
The top five benefits of consuming bone broth:
- Digestive Health: A digestion superfood. The high gelatin content helps digestion by soothing the GI tract. Sufferers of IBS, food allergies, and those with poor gut health benefit from incorporating bone broth into their diet.
- Strengthened Immune System: Both food allergies and autoimmune conditions have been linked to intestinal permeability when microscopic holes in the lining of the gastrointestinal tract allow undigested food particles to pass directly into the bloodstream. The cells stimulated by the components in bone broth can help to restore the intestinal barrier.
- Improved Skin: Smooth, supple and younger looking skin can be achieved with bone broth. Bones are a powerhouse of natural gelatine that helps to increase the collagen production in the body for super anti-aging benefits. As a tie-in, the digestive system is in charge of absorbing the nutrients important for healthy looking skin and removing toxins, which cause breakouts.
- Joint Care: Naturally occurring glucosamine plus the chondroitin sulfate found in bone broth have been shown to stimulate cells to create new collagen in your joints, tendons, and ligaments, potentially providing some valuable relief for those with arthritis or osteoporosis.
- Improved Moods/Better Sleep: The glycine contained in bone broth helps to aid a restful sleep, which has numerous knock-on benefits including improved mood and overall health.
Sadie’s Kitchen Bone Broth will keep for 6 months frozen and 5 days in the fridge.